[digiKam-users] Move behavior

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 26 13:45:13 GMT 2018

On lundi 24 décembre 2018 15:09:46 CET Dennis Powless wrote:
> I am sorting images, moving from one folder to another within Digikam
> albums.  Every once in a while I get an error message that there is a copy
> already in the destination folder (I've been thru the duplicates feature
> already), well it seems the default behavior is to delete the file in the
> source automatically.
>
> I would like a warning and a choice to ignore the move before automatically
> deleting the file.
>
> (my trash folder contains thousands and thousands of files and it takes far
> to long to view the file there to pull it out)
>
> Dennis
>
> Sent from my iPhone
Just repeating a message won't really help ...

Sounds like this is something for the Digikam wishlist/buglist:
https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=digikam

But honestly, shouldn't you get rid of the trash every now and then?
"thousands and thousands of files" means indeed that you will never recover an
old file, so keeping them in your trash bin is just wasting disk space...

Remco