[digiKam-users] Move behavior

Dennis Powless dpowless517 at pobox.com
Wed Dec 26 15:00:03 GMT 2018

I originally sent the message, then it said it was held since I wasn't a
member, thought I was.  So, I then re subscribed and since I didn't get a
reply, I thought It was lost in the netherworld.  I then resent it once I
was resubscribed and set up.  (which, I was again told I was not a
member).  So, yes I know sending it twice will not really help in a normal
situation, but when you know the rest of the story it makes more sense,
right?

Yes, I am planning on deleting the copies, but since I don't really know
HOW digikam handles duplicates, I didn't want to delete the trash can
images just yet.  I wasn't aware that digikam held them there, until I saw
that (I'd assumed they would be in the OS trash, not the program trash).

I started with ~93K photos, over the last few weeks I've been sorting and
sorting etc.... so will be deleting the trash soon.

Enough of that....

1. When a photo is moved from one album to the next and a duplicate is
discovered, what happens to that file being moved.  I see a pop up that
notes it's a duplicate.  Will that file be deleted?, will the process end
with no action taken?

Thanks,

Dennis