[digiKam-users] temporary port photos and metadata from MariaDB/network share for editing when offline / being on the move

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sat Dec 22 15:19:11 GMT 2018

Hi,

I have done it a few times, but if somebody wants to pipe in for a
better way, please do...

1. Don't worry about the database.
2. I have an empty sqlite db on my laptop
3. I do all my stuff on the laptop during the trip, like basic info,
selection, tagging...
4. Just make sure that configure > metadata > sidecars > write to
sidecars
5. Back at home base, copy both the files and the xmps to a directory
covered by the "main digikam"

sknahT

vyS

--