[digiKam-users] How to install/uninstall digikam with internal MySQL database Mariadb?

zwyklydigikam epifenomen2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:00:20 GMT 2018

SkyDiver wrote
> If you didn't manage to make things work, then I can offer you two
> 1. I'm not sure why MySQL is needed for 100,000 images. Did you try
> running with the SQLite database?

SQLite for 200k images is slow, don't know why. Generating thumbnails can
take a week. I've no idea why it is so slow. About 3 second for one picture,
so with 200k photos its 7 days. With MySQL it's 1 day.

SkyDiver wrote
> 2. In case you do want MySQL after all, and in case you don't insist
> on it being internal Digikam MySQL, rather an external installation,
> then I suggest that you'll take a look at pre-configured AMP-based
> installation bundles (AMP = Apache MySQL PHP).
> Two that I can think of are WAMP and XAMPP.

I use local/online WAMP XAMP LAMP for webdesign, so you say I can use it for
digikam same time? Any tutorials how to configure? or just path to exe files
in digikam wizzard?

I will try with MariaDB. It's good for many users, so why not for me. Just
need few answers a) b) c) d).....

SkyDiver wrote
> Either way - you sound very brave for getting as far as you already
> got. Thumbs up!

I am!
Thanks!