[digiKam-users] How to install/uninstall digikam with internal MySQL database Mariadb?

Sky Diver skydivergm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:45:53 GMT 2018

zwyklydigikam wrote:
> I use local/online WAMP XAMP LAMP for webdesign, so you say I can use it for
> digikam same time? Any tutorials how to configure? or just path to exe files
> in digikam wizzard?

Yes. I you already have a *AMP up and running with MySQL enabled, then
you're server installation episode is over.
Just for completeness, here the Digikam>MySQL setup instructions:
https://userbase.kde.org/Digikam/Using_digiKam_with_MySQL

zwyklydigikam wrote:
> I will try with MariaDB. It's good for many users, so why not for me. Just
> need few answers a) b) c) d).....

I. personally, tried it a year back and got all my tags disappearing on me.
Luckily I was able to dig into the database and resurrect them, but I
decided to switch back to SQLite.
I do, however, have two separate databases - each having ~35K images,
which works fine on SQLite.

A lot has changed since then and the developers say the MySQL version
is much more stable now, so go ahead and give it a go (just make sure
to backup first).