[digiKam-users] appimage

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Sat Aug 18 16:21:11 BST 2018

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 14:35:12 +0200
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:

> So to resume :
>
> 1/ I support AppImage
> 2/ I will continuous to support AppImage in the future.
> 3/ If you don't like AppImage, ask to your packagers to update and
> support digiKam application natively in your system, because we
> (digiKam team) don't it instead.

I like the principle of appimage. It allows me to use DK. Currently,
I'm on xfce. It makes my life simple.

Question to Gilles:

appimage vs flatpak.

More and more are using flatpak to include everything. My son, in
academia/bioinfomatics requires that people send their software in
"flatpaks" which is becoming quite well accepted in academia.

BTW, Isn't GIMP also using flatpak with Redhat supporting the project?

--
sknahT

vyS