[digiKam-users] 6.0.0-beta1 tarball for testing...

Pioter Gmoter piotergmoter at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:19:07 BST 2018

I see. But the 5.x series have serious problems with video thumbnails generation, and time shifting (two hours with every video downloaded from SD card). 6.0 at least resolved the problem with video thumbs generation.

And only 5.6 is available as native on 18.04 kubuntu. Looks like Phill dropped the maintenance of DK packages for ubuntu family.

I have used DK6 on my production DB (well, the only one I have) and no disaster so far, so I guess the changes are quite stable.

P.