[digiKam-users] appimage

Jono pollard jono.pollard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 20:40:48 BST 2018

Greetings,

Love digikam but not thrilled with appimage. If I were a dev for digikam
wouldn't waste more resources using that system. It isn't intuitive and
leaves one wandering where to put the file and how to integrate it into
their system. I'd rather use an older version through my distributions
packaging system than have one random program use a completely obtuse
system. That's what I'm going to do but I wanted to share the opinions of a
regular digikam user. I get what appimage is about, but unless all of linux
switches to installing programs this way, it ends up just being clunky.

Jono