[digiKam-users] 6.0.0-beta1 tarball for testing...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:00:15 BST 2018

> Hm, what about situation where I run once 5.6, and once 6.0? Similarity
> feature on the 5.6 version is gone? I don't see any side effects
> considered that database schema has changed.

No. only the previous fingerprints registered in 5.x database are dropped.
The feature still here, but will require to rebuild all fingerprints at the
right place in DB.

In all cases, make a DB backup :

1/ 6.0.0-beta1 is... beta with possible bugs. Do not use yet in production.
2/ 6.0.0-beta1 introduce big changes in source code and introduce new
important features. All possible side effects are not yet evaluated.
3/ 6.0.0-beta1 come with more than 330 file closed in bugzilla. We hope to
not break something somewhere. It's not possible to check all combinaisons.