[digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Aug 14 11:04:18 BST 2018

Whenever I try and print something from Digikam I either fail
miserably or take several hours to do something trivial.

I am currently trying to print an image on my OKI MC342N printer from
Digikam 4.12.0 on my xubuntu 16.04 system.

I am using Digikam's "Print Assistant" in the Image menu.

I want to print on 10cm x 15cm paper which is in the printer's second
paper tray.

So I select "10 x 15 cm - 1 photo", click "Next", I'm happy with the
Cropping so I click "Finish".  This is where the problem starts, I
can't set anything useful on the printer.  In the 'Page' tab all I can
do is set the page size and orientation, the 'Advanced' tab just shows
me what the settings there are but doesn't allow me to change
anything. In particular I can't tell the printer which tray to use,
nor can I change any of the colour settings.

Other programs seem to work OK with the OKI so why can't Digikam?

--
Chris Green
ยท