Using Digikam as a 3D asset manager need help!

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 9 06:41:25 BST 2017

On vendredi 8 septembre 2017 15:03:57 CEST maruf wrote:
> hello,
>
> I am a new user of Digikam. basically, I am not a photographer, not a
> developer I am mainly a 3d artist. I search my resources [ie, models,
> textures] based on photo references. Previously I am using google Picasa for
> this need. You know google had stopped support this many years ago. also,
> it doesn't Support Network storage. Then I Found Digkam who support NAS.
>
> Guys, I badly need some features which are really really essential to manage
> my project. Is it possible to add this features?

That will depend on the developers. As they are unpaid volunteers, no
guarantees. Try filing a wish on KDE Bugzilla.

> -> when I click "open in file manager" by selecting any image I need the
> image remain selected to the explorer.
Where do you see that option? I don't seem to have that available.

> -> when I search and found any image using search features of Digikam. There
> is no option in the digikam to locate that image.

When I look at search results, the results are grouped by directory, with the
path shown at the top of each section. OK, the path starts with "Albums/" but
I know what that represents.
Try (from the menu bar) "View"->"Group Images"->"By Album".

Remco