Using Digikam as a 3D asset manager need help!

Tobias Margiani margianit at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 17:23:36 BST 2017

Hi,

> -> when I click "open in file manager" by selecting any image I need the
> image remain selected to the explorer.

After some trials I came up with the following solution which works at least on
Linux with KDE (and Dolphin). Copy the attached desktop file into
"/home/<your username>/.local/share/applications/". Now you can right click on
your selected images in digiKam and chose "Open With" -> "Select in Dolphin"
which should open up dolphin with the images selected. (You may need to change
the "MimeType=..." line to add the file types you are using.)

> -> when I search and found any image using search features of Digikam. There
> is no option in the digikam to locate that image.

If you right click on an image in the search results and choose "Go To" -> "Album"
Digikam will show the album (folder) the image is in and (at least sometimes) also
selects the right image.
Alternatively, you can see the path in the Properties panel on the right.
Finally, you could open the file manager the same way as I described above.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Tobias