Using Digikam as a 3D asset manager need help!

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 23:01:05 BST 2017

I think digiKam isn't capable of doing this at the moment. If you are on a linux distro you might be able to figure out a bash script that will do it. In that case you would right click on the image - open with - your script.sh

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: maruf <md.mbillah at gmail.com> Date: 2017-09-08  7:03 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Using Digikam as a 3D asset manager need help!
hello,

I am a new user of Digikam. basically, I am not a photographer, not a
developer I am mainly a 3d artist. I search my resources [ie, models,
textures] based on photo references. Previously I am using google Picasa for
this need. You know google had stopped support this many years ago. also, it
doesn't Support Network storage. Then I Found Digkam who support NAS.

Guys, I badly need some features which are really really essential to manage
my project. Is it possible to add this features?

-> when I click "open in file manager" by selecting any image I need the
image remain selected to the explorer.

-> when I search and found any image using search features of Digikam. There
is no option in the digikam to locate that image.

Thanks in advance
Maruf