DigiKam and Dropbox

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 02:49:28 BST 2017

It depends on how do you write the information. If you write to jpegs themselves and/or xmp sidebars might get away having two different databases. But if you store tags, ratings etc. in the database that has to be same .db file for both computers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> Date: 2017-10-08  7:37 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> Cc: dpowless517 at pobox.com, digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: DigiKam and Dropbox
Agreed on both editing.
Where do I store the database files, would there be a set of database files on the one computer and a another set of database files on the other computer.
I guess I could point the program to the actual photos on each computer based their actual location.

Sent from my iPhone