file not found.... -> no start!

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 25 15:37:01 BST 2017

On jeudi 25 mai 2017 12:11:11 CEST Uwe Haider wrote:
> Once again:
>
> My NAS is connected via nfs. DigikamDB is mysql installed on the NAS.
>
> This is supposed to work, just look here:
>
> https://scribblesandsnaps.com/2011/03/13/manage-photos-from-multiple-digikam
> -installations/
>
> Starting digikam in bash I can see, how digikam works with mariadb ->
> The connection via nfs is no problem. The problem is, that so much files
> aren't found by digikam. Is it a good idea to remove this albumpaths in
> mariadb via shell? So digikam will nort seek the missing files....

Stupid question: the paths Digikam searches are available? E.g. you can follow
that same path in a file manager or a konsole and actually see the files there
with the /exact/ same path?

If you or Digikam don't have permission to read the image files, or one of the
directories in the path, the files will be unreadable or even invisible. And
depending on how you configure your NAS, that's fairly easy to do (or if you
forgot to  mount the NFS directories on the client system... been there, done
that).

Same effect if you have e.g. lowercase in the expected paths and uppercase in
the real paths.

Remco