Missing menus

Derek Keats derek at dkeats.com
Thu Mar 2 06:38:40 GMT 2017

Sorry to belabour this... but according to the Ubuntu Launchpad
bug-tracking instructions

Typically, what isn't supported is software from a PPA (Personal Package
Archive), 3rd party packages, self-compiled software, etc. For more on
supported Ubuntu repositories, please see here. If you are using
unsupported software, it is best to file a bug in that program's bug
tracker directly.

I think if I report this but with Ubuntu, it will be ignored because the
version is 'unsupported'. I am scared now that if Digikam updates via the
PPA as I would wish, then my several years of developing a photography
workflow for Digikam will be lost. So I have to be content with a
semi-working version and remove the PPA. DK 5.4 works, but has the double
menu, DK 5.5 appimage is totally broken even on Ubuntu 16.04. If I had
money I would pay a bounty to have this fixed, but I am just a humble
amateur photography user.

What do I do? Is there anyone with more technical knowledge than me who can
take a look at the code one more time in relation to Unity?

Just a FYI, my photos are all 'open source' (CC:BY) or 'public domain'
(CC:0), and thanks to being able to work fast and tag images with Digikam,
I have 8 million views on Flickr, and many thousands of uses under those
licenses. It is heart rending to think of not using DK for this. I will do
ANYTHING I can from my end to help and do my part to get this bug fixed.
But it seems to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks for understanding,
regards
Derek

Email: derek at dkeats.com
Phone: +27 82 787 0169 / +27 11 477 4954
Web: http://www.dkeats.com