Scan for new items takes ages after syncing collection btw. two computers

news@tcrass.de torsten.crass at eBiology.de
Mon Jan 30 16:18:28 GMT 2017

Chris,

> It's probably because Unison updates the 'last access' date field on
> the files and Digikam uses this to decide whether to resacn.

> In Unix/Linux a file has three times associated with it:-
>
>     Modified time - last time the file contents were changes (write or append)
>     Accessed time - last time the file was accessed (read or write)
>     Status changed - last time the attributes (owner, permissions, etc.) were changed

yeah, that's what I came up with, too -- the digikam4.db file will
probably have its access time changed during syncing.

> Digikam will compare its database with one (or more) of the above file
> times I expect.  A Digikam expert will no doubt tell us.

But if so, I still wonder where digikam keeps record of digikam4.db's
access time?

Cheers --

	Torsten