Digikam raw files and darktable

Juan Jose Casafranca jjcasmar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:15:12 GMT 2017

Remco, I'm sorry if you have feel offended.

I don't want you to leave, I want to discuss this feature with at much
users/developers as possible.

I dont understand the pitfalls you are saying.
You say that the user may want to see the original embedded jpg. Well, you
can duplicate the edition and leave it undone. You will have one empty
edition and the good one. DK will show boths. If you want to open it in
GIMP for example, of course you can't open it directly, first you must
export it to an image format. I don't think that is a problem. In fact, is
the common behaviour.