Digikam raw files and darktable

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:52:12 GMT 2017

I apologize for having not read the whole discussion, that seems quite
very/too technical for me.

>From a regular user of both softwares, here is my workflow, that might
provide some thougths regarding an organisation solution instead of a
purely technical one.

Once developed in Darktable, my pictures are exported full size in TIFF
format into the original Digikam folder; from then, they served as the new
'master' picture from which I can generate any JPEG, resize, add watermark,
export to online galleries and such.

In Digikam, I simply group the RAW file 'under' the TIFF file, so I usely
only see the TIFF file. I can use the  file formats filter (no RAW files or
TIFF only) to separate pictures that have been developed or not. And of
course, the RAW file remains available if/when I need to create a different
interpretation with a new TIFF file.

Hope this can help,
Marie-Noëlle

--
  <http://marie-noelle-augendre.com>
Découvrez mes photos sur mon site <http://marie-noelle-augendre.com> ou ma

<http://www.blurb.fr/user/mnaugendre> <http://marie-noelle-augendre.com>
<http://www.blurb.fr/user/mnaugendre>

et tous mes livres-photos sur le site Blurb