DK settings in windows 10

mik.clucas at bluewin.ch mik.clucas at bluewin.ch
Sun Jan 15 09:48:52 GMT 2017

Hi everyone,
I have been happily using DK in a Linux Environment for many years and recently discovered the Windows port and that you can use a centralised DB repository. There are some Windows PCs in the house that I (and my wife) use for some Photo processing, so what a great opportunity to get everything/everyone working with the same Software and Picture library!
I recently wanted to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3, at the same time I changed some config settings (show splash screen at startup). Now I have a situation where none of the versions 5.2, 5.3 or even 5.4 show me a gui. I can see the program in the task manager but not using any resources and after a long time, ~6 Hrs, no change! From what I can see it looks like a case of BugĀ 374368 - Unchecking "Show splash screen at startup" causes no window to display at Launch.

So after a Long preamble, here is my question: Does any one know how can I reset this Option without destroying the DK library? (Maybe by editing a config file or the windows registry)

Thx i.A for your help

Best regards
Mik