Digikam raw files and darktable

Juan Jose Casafranca jjcasmar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 09:19:29 GMT 2017

I don't understand your point about thumbnails. Thumbnails in DK are stored
in the database, the only thing needed is to change the way the thumbnail
is generated in the first place and that will be the image that is saved in
the database.

When the associated xmp file is changed for a raw image, the thumbnail will
be updated.

About how to associated a single raw file with several xmp, I still have to
understand that part of the code. Simon proposed to use a virtual file. I
believe this means adding several entries to the file database for a single
file, but as I said, I have to think about this part and how can be
implemented.