digikam default options

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 14:24:04 GMT 2017

Well that is your philosophy. Mine is that anytime a file is modified on
disk (the metadata header is part of the file) the timestamp should be
updated. There is no correct philosophy, that is why there is an option
to set the behaviour to ones taste.
The usual (as in not photography related) behaviour is to change the
timestamp on any file when it gets modified, so that is why this is the
standard behaviour in digikam.