Digikam raw files and darktable

J Albrecht heviiguy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:15:47 GMT 2017

> On 07 Jan 2017, at 09:41, Juan Jose Casafranca <jjcasmar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> They need a way to organize
> their library, which DK is good at, and a way to process raw files, which DT is
> good at (DK is not a good raw processor and DT is not good for library
> management).

For the Developer’s benefit, I’d like to reiterate the above statement: digiKam is a brilliant program but please, let’s maintain the focus on where it is brilliant rather than trying to craft it into an all-singing-all-dancing piece of bloatware comprising relatively mediocre modules just for the sake of doing so. In the FOSS realm, digikam is an excellent Digital Asset Management program, darktable is, IMHO, the best Raw editor and GIMP is unparalleled for post-processing. It’s folly and perhaps a bit arrogant to assume that Users would willingly be hobbled by using only one program simply because they are “loyal” to that program.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just all get along….