Group JPG and RAW

Christoph Huckle chrihuc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:33:16 GMT 2017

Hello Both,

Sorry you are correct, I picked the wrong expression...
@Simon, I'm not fully in the loop, as I'm not a team member, just
programmed that feature for myself and then in made it's way upstream :)
but what are the cases you are talking about, which will be fixed in 5.4.0?

Thanks
Christoph

Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> schrieb am Mo., 9. Jan. 2017 um
19:34 Uhr:

> Hello Simon,
>
> It actually worked! Thank you!
>
> To be honestly I thought "group by type" means group by extension. RAW and
> JPG files are different type but same file name for me.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey Goreev
>
> On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 3:50 AM, Simon Frei <freisim93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't read those conversations, but grouping by extension is
> implemented. I use it frequently. The behaviour was somewhat strange
> (grouped images were not in all appropriate cases processed together), but
> that will  be corrected in 5.4.0.
> To group raw and jpg, select all to be grouped images (so all jpg and raw
> files) and in the context menu select group -> group selected by type.
>
> On 03/01/17 23:56, Andrey Goreev wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have read the following threads but could not understand what the actual
> status is.
>
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2015-August/021374.html
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2010-September/011117.html
>
> That feature is very useful for the culling process.
> Please let me know if I could be of any help in getting this feature
> released.
>
> Best regards,
> Andrey Goreev
>

> --