"open in console" missing in album context menu

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:08:18 GMT 2017

> Hello,
>
> just a little thing: In my digikam 5.3.0, in the album view there is no
> entry for "open in console" anymore. Can I add this somehow? Or will you
> re-add it in a future version again?

It have been removed because this function is KDE only, do not work under
MacOS and Windows, and cannot be bundled in AppImage.

If Qt5 addd this kind of function in QDesktopService API, why not. This
will be portable everywhere.

A possible work around : Open album in filemanager. Dolphin for ex, can
embed a konsole which will follow current selected directory.

It was very useful for me, as I sometimes run scripts for an in a specific
> directory, or open mc to do something and it saved me some clicks. Nothing
> tragic, though, but would be nice to have it back :-)
>
> Daniel

> Something different: the fuzzy search function is fantastic! It helped me
> a lot to find duplicates I saved "somewhere" and that are not necessary,
> but even more it helps me to fast find quite similar images, like 70%...
> That's great for selection tasks. Thanks, digikam-developpers! :-)

And with 5.5.0, Mario Frank, a new developer work to 100% on this tool (and
more). You will see more improvements around. See the changelog for this
next release :

https://cgit.kde.org/digikam.git/tree/NEWS

Gilles Caulier