Tags managing

Dan Dascalescu ddascalescu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 09:33:14 GMT 2017

Same question here. I use F-Stop Gallery
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fstop.photo&hl=en> on my
Android to manage tags. Typical operations:

1. Copy untagged or partially images from my computer to my Android, to tag
during idle periods (e.g. waiting in line).
2. Tag them on Android. Most often I add existing tags, but sometimes I
create new tags, remove some, or rename tags.
3. Copy the images back to the computer, overwriting the original ones. I'd
like digiKam to read the new tags from these images:
a) add the new tags,
b) rename the ones I've renamed - which I realize is tricky because photos
outside of those I've copied to my Android may have the tags I had renamed
c) delete the tags I've deleted - tricky for the same reason above.

So to Anders, how would you design the algorithm for updating tags?