Tags managing

Anders Kamf digikam at kamf.se
Fri Feb 17 08:59:11 GMT 2017

Hi

What is the proper way to read metadata from file and replace the Digikam
database metadata with the file metadata (for a small selection of
pictures)?

My use case is that pictures on my server are updated with new or replaced
tags. I need Digikam to reflect this change, i.e. remove existing tags for
that picture from the database and read new ones from the file.

 “Read metadata from file to database” will append tags from file with
existing ones.
To manually remove existing tags from the pictures before “Read from file…”
will not work since Digikam is (and in my case should be) set to write tags
to file, hence the existing file metadata would be overwritten.

Today I do time consuming workarounds by renaming folders etc. making
Digikam think it is new pictures. Is there a more proper way to achieve
this?
Any help is appreciated!

Best Regards
Anders