Browsing by tag sometimes shows items with alternative tag

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:45:08 BST 2017

Hello, Are you talking about JPEGs or RAW files? How do you write metadata - database only, sidecars only, jpeg files itselves only, everywhere? Do you use any other software for managing your pictures right now or have you used one in past?
If these are jpegs and you do write metadata in them you can try reading metadata pressing Ctrl Shift M in digikam or using another software (e.g. exiftool) and see if the word matching your tag A is written into any metadata fields of the files with tag B you mentioned below.I suspect that the keyword might show up in one of the following categories (exif, iptc, xmp, Microsoft)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: meku <digikam at meku.org> Date: 2017-08-08  7:10 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Browsing by tag sometimes shows items with alternative tag
Hi Mario,
Yes, disabling "Include Tag Sub-Tree" hides the unexpected items.
Tag B is not a child of Tag A and the unexpected items do not have Tag A or any of A's child tags.
I can work with mysql queries.