Browsing by tag sometimes shows items with alternative tag
mafrank at uni-potsdam.de
Wed Aug 9 20:03:32 BST 2017
I just tried to reproduce the problem one hour ago with SQLite and could
But I got a small MySQL database to work right now and was able to reproduce
the corruption. I even got an error message in the trace:
digikam.dbengine: Prepare failed!
digikam.dbengine: Failure executing query:
"LOCK TABLE Tags WRITE;"
Error messages: "QMYSQL3: Der Befehl konnte nicht initialisiert werden"
"This command is not supported in the prepared statement protocol yet"
So there definitely is a problem and as I see it, this will have not
worked for a longer time. Looks like an incomplete migration from
dbconfig to source code.
I will try to fix it.
Am 09.08.2017 um 20:46 schrieb Andrey Goreev:
> Guys I believe I have experienced this bug too and I do not use mysql
> (not anymore).
> I just got too busy and kind of gave up on the old pics and moved on
> to the new pictures.
> So this might be a general database bug not just a mysql related one.
> Best regards,
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Gilles Caulier
> <caulier.gilles at gmail.com <mailto:caulier.gilles at gmail.com>> wrote:
> You can ask to Swati. She improve the Mysql dtatabase backend/schema
> while summer 2016, and i'm sure that she review this kind of problem
> already. She has also certainly a Mysql DB reday to test.
> 2017-08-09 20:07 GMT+02:00 Mario Frank <mafrank at uni-potsdam.de
> <mailto:mafrank at uni-potsdam.de>>:
> > Hey Meku,
> > I think this is a bug. But I
> > 1) do not have a MySQL (and currently not the possibility to
> create one) to
> > test and confirm
> > 2) Thus also cannot fix the problem shorthand.
> > I opened a bugzilla entry with your and mine findings here:
> > https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=383326
> > I hope one of the other devs can fix it faster than I.
> > Best,
> > Mario
> > "Am 09.08.2017 um 14:36 schrieb meku:
> > Studying the database there appears to be some inconsistent data
> in the Tags
> > table causing this.
> > Tag B probably used to be a child of Tag A, but some time ago
> Tag B was
> > moved to the root.
> > Tag B's 'pid' is '0' because it a child of the root node, but
> the 'lft' and
> > 'rgt' fields have not been updated so still fall within the
> range of Tag A's
> > 'lft' and 'rgt'.
> > If browsing using Tags with "Include Tag Sub-Tree" enabled
> relies on the
> > 'lft' and 'rgt' fields then it would explain the inconsistent
> behaviour I'm
> > seeing - and it appears it only happens to Tags that have been
> moved in the
> > hierarchy.
> > Is this a bug, and is there a mysql query to repair it?"
> > Am 08.08.2017 um 15:45 schrieb Mario Frank:
> > Hi Meku,
> > this is odd, as when the disabling solves the problem, the
> unexpected items
> > must have
> > a tag that is a child tag of A. At least for sanity reasons.
> > The source code itself looks good. Gilles, can you take a look
> at the
> > definition of
> > getItemIDsInTagRecursive in the dbconfig? For me, it looks
> correct, too.
> > Can you send a screenshot or something like this?
> > Cheers,
> > Mario
> > Am 08.08.2017 um 15:10 schrieb meku:
> > Hi Mario,
> > Yes, disabling "Include Tag Sub-Tree" hides the unexpected items.
> > Tag B is not a child of Tag A and the unexpected items do not
> have Tag A or
> > any of A's child tags.
> > I can work with mysql queries.
> > On 8 August 2017 at 22:55, Mario Frank <mafrank at uni-potsdam.de
> <mailto:mafrank at uni-potsdam.de>> wrote:
> >> Hi Meku,
> >> can you check the following?
> >> In menu View: is the option "include tag tree" (I do not know
> how it is
> >> called exactly in the English version, I have the German one)
> >> checked? If yes, images with subtags are also shown in the
> browser and
> >> may have tag B.
> >> Otherwise, do you have experience with MySQL queries?
> >> Cheers,
> >> Mario
> >> Am 08.08.2017 um 14:46 schrieb meku:
> >> > I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour when browsing items
> by Tags.
> >> >
> >> > Selecting a single tag (A) in the tree shows all items with
> tag (A)
> >> > but also unrelated items with tag (B). So far I have only
> >> > this happening for a few specific tags, but it continues
> >> > after restarting Digikam.
> >> >
> >> > If I use the Search for tag (A) then it shows the expected
> >> > it's only within the Tag browser that this issue is occurring.
> >> >
> >> > Using Digikam 5.7 appbundle with mysql.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Digikam-users