Exiv2 bug reports

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 21:38:51 BST 2017

Hi Marcel,

This is a more simple solution, always based to C++ with ExifTool :

http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/cpp_exiftool/

This basis o this interface must do the job for all common call done by
digiKam in Exiv2. Of course the tags syntax must be ported from Exiv2 to
ExifTool.

The second problem is the Perl stuff.. Here, also there is a solution to
provide a machine compiled Exiftool in digiKam as a ressource. This will
improve very well the performances. As i can see, LightRoom use this
solution in background (yes I see Exiftool used while testing).

ExifTool.exe precompiled already exists for Windows for ex. So it's
possible to do for all platforms.

There is some reponse about this topic here :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1237286/how-can-i-compile-my-perl-script-so-it-can-be-executed-on-systems-without-perl-i

Gilles