5.3 philip5 packages vs. 5.4 app image (Re: Digikam 4.14.0 -> 5.3.0 - big update, some questions)

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Mon Nov 21 21:43:03 GMT 2016

Hi,

sorry, inline screenshots seem to have got lost in transit. Here are
some links.

first, thank you for the packaging at all which make life easier for so
many of us!

Now, to do my part (help testing and report bugs :-) ): This is the 5.3
ubuntu ppa Digikam vs. the 5.4 appimage:

https://root.rb-hosting.de/owncloud/public.php?service=gallery&t=48f6458dfb9761938c3f6f02aedb6182
pw: gagablabla

Differences I can see:

- smaller default / UI fonts (more similar to my Ubuntu settings),
- every toolbar item has an icon (with consistent styles),
- sidebar tab dimensions are more consistent and no missing icons
- the appimage does not integrate into the global menu but shows a
separate menubar.

Does the appImage use different KDE resources / defaults / config file
locations than the PPA packages?

Regarding video, Gilles has already replied, it seems to be an appImage
issue (or rather gstreamer issue).

Thank you!