[Digikam-users] Downgrade from 4.14 to 4.12 seems to not recognize database from 4.14 ??

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun May 1 16:36:57 BST 2016

Digikam 4.14 and digikam 5 beta isn't avalible in official ubuntu. I don't
think they will be until the next ubuntu release (or might be found in
backports sometime in the future)

I'm working on packages of them for ubuntu 16.04 to be uploaded to my PPA.
I'm just having problems with a marble bug when marble use qt4 as digikam
4.x does. The bug shows in the way that no google maps are shown but all
other map and geolocation features work. I'm not sure if I should disable
all the map and geolocation features or include them but not having google
maps work in digikam until the bug might be sorted out. In Digikam 5 beta 6
google maps works.

But you should be able to use 4.14 configs and databases in 4.12 so my
guess is that you have a mix of digikam packages or dependent packages left
from when you upgraded so digikam 4.12 now uses som packages that was built
to be used with digikam 4.14 on the previous ubuntu release.

/Philip