[Digikam-users] Downgrade from 4.14 to 4.12 seems to not recognize database from 4.14 ??

Hans-Peter huth hans-ph at web.de
Sun May 1 17:50:33 BST 2016

On Sun, 1 May 2016 17:36:57 +0200
Philip Johnsson <philip.johnsson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Digikam 4.14 and digikam 5 beta isn't avalible in official ubuntu. I don't
> think they will be until the next ubuntu release (or might be found in
> backports sometime in the future)
>
> I'm working on packages of them for ubuntu 16.04 to be uploaded to my PPA.
> I'm just having problems with a marble bug when marble use qt4 as digikam
..

I often use Digikams geo tagging features, so this is an important feature
for me. You do an incredible good and important job for the
community. So please take your time and do it right even if it takes
longer :)
And put a Flattr button into your ppa page.

> But you should be able to use 4.14 configs and databases in 4.12 so my
> guess is that you have a mix of digikam packages or dependent packages
> left from when you upgraded so digikam 4.12 now uses som packages that
> was built to be used with digikam 4.14 on the previous ubuntu release.

I think i found the issue. When starting from command line, digikam says:
digikam(9590)/digikam (core) Digikam::CollectionScanner::scanAlbum: Folder
does not exist or is not readable:  "/home/hph/Fotos/Fotos/digicam"

This is true, the collections are in "/home/hph/Fotos/digicam"
Don't know how this happened. How can i correct this?

Probably it has soemthing to do with the way i mount the SSD with the
digikam collection. Its an extra SSD mounted under /mnt/ssd and
then /mnt/ssd/Fotos is re-mounted ('bind') to /home/hph/Fotos. This worked
fine since years.

HP

> /Philip
>

> On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Hans-Peter Huth

Why taunt me? Why upbraid me? I am merely a genius, not a god.
(Nero Wolfe)
Meine Bilder: http://jalbum.net/a/1456383