[Digikam-users] Digikam eats (some of) my photos when I tag them

Peter S slow.dust at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:56:38 BST 2016

Hi,

I have an unusual issue.  I have digikam installed on a linux installation
and a large collection of photos on an NTFS windows partition.  There are a
few directories in the collection, one relates to photos from my phone, one
from my camera, etc.  These are then displayed chronologically without
reference to the folder structure by digikam.

When I tag photos from my camera only, then  close digikam, they are
deleted.  Only tagged photos, and only in the directory relating to my
camera - but all of those photos.  The thumbs db still has a thumbnail of
them, the tag database still knows they are tagged but the original file is
gone.  Digikam can't open them and neither windows or linux can see the
files anymore.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

Cheers