[Digikam-users] Programmatic Access to DigiKam's Features

Guy Rutenberg guyrutenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:26:20 BST 2016

Hi,

Is there a way to use Digikam's search functionality and start a slideshow
programmaticaly? I guess I can always manually query Digikam's database,
but how can I start a slideshow, say from a script?

I would like to create a small script that once in a while brings up
slideshows of pictures takes today X years ago (similar to what Google
Photo does). Idealy such script would run from a crontab and wouldn't
require actually openning the Digikam GUI each time it looks for photos.

Thanks,
Guy