[Digikam-users] configuration location

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:54:44 BST 2016

> Thanks, that issue had some good information. The following questions
> remain/came up again:
>  - Can a command line option to define a custom configuration location be
> reintroduced?

I think there is already a file in bugzilla about this topic. The port to
Qt5 has some small side effects...

>  - As there really are several configfiles: Shouldn't these be places in
> ~/.config/digikam instead of directly into ~/.config?

The place for config files are defined by core KDE API, following
opendesktop standard. For the moment, the last 15% pending KDE API are core
application classes, included the config rules. When we will make a pure Qt
application, we will make something better. But the last percents to port
still the most difficult to do (as expected)...

>  - Can information like configuration location be added to a manpage or
> help message? I might be able to help with that if you can point out the
> location where these are defined in the source code.

sure, more precisely in web site. This last one must be re-designed...

> Not important at all, just curious:
>  - The digikam4 and digikam5 sql databases are identical. Still, what is
> the reason for which digikam names a new database "digikam4.db" and not
> "digikam5.db"?

Still the same. No changes in sqlite DB schema. For legacy purpose, the
file name will not change for the moment.

Gilles Caulier