[Digikam-users] configuration location

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:47:27 BST 2016

Thanks, that issue had some good information. The following questions
remain/came up again:
  - Can a command line option to define a custom configuration location
be reintroduced?
  - As there really are several configfiles: Shouldn't these be places
in ~/.config/digikam instead of directly into ~/.config?
  - Can information like configuration location be added to a manpage or
help message? I might be able to help with that if you can point out the
location where these are defined in the source code.

Not important at all, just curious:
  - The digikam4 and digikam5 sql databases are identical. Still, what
is the reason for which digikam names a new database "digikam4.db" and
not "digikam5.db"?

For reference: The issue linked below states that there are the
follwoing configuration files:
Linux:
- ~/.config/digikamrc
- ~/.config/digikam_tagsmanagerrc
- ~/.config/kipipluginsrc
- ~/.config/kipirc
- ~/.config/showfotorc
- ~/.local/share/apps/digikam/*

OSX:
- ~/Library/Preferences/digikamrc
- ~/Library/Preferences/digikam_tagsmanagerrc
- ~/Library/Preferences/kipipluginsrc
- ~/Library/Preferences/kipirc
- ~/Library/Preferences/showfotorc
- ~/Library/Preferences/share/apps/digikam/*

Windows:
- ~/Local Settings/digikamrc
- ~/Local Settings/digikam_tagsmanagerrc
- ~/Local Settings/kipipluginsrc
- ~/Local Settings/kipirc
- ~/Local Settings/showfotorc
- ~/Local Settings/digikam/*