[Digikam-users] Tagging

Richard Müller mueller.eisborn at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:42:01 BST 2016

Hi all,
I'm new to DigiKam. Until now I used the Windows program "IMatch" to
tag my photos, because this was the only one I could find (years ago),
whicht stores the keyword withion the picture itself. Since this
program is nearly the only one I still need Windows for, I want to
give DigiKam a try. In IMatch I have hierarchical categories, eg.
"animals.carnivores.cats.lion". When I open the image in Gwenview, I
can find the complete tag under categories. Opening the same picture
in DigiKam the field "tags" is empty. Moving (with IMatch) the tags to
"Keywords", in DigiKam only the last keyword appears ("lion")  in the
"tags" field when moving the mouse over the thumbnail. The first
keywords are missing ("animals.carnivores.cats"), so I can only search
for pictures with "lion", but not with e.g. "carnivores".

Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks for helping!

Richard

--
Richard Müller . Am Spring 9 . D-58802 Balve
http://www.oeko-sorpe.de - http://www.phytoplankton.info -