[Digikam-users] Slideshow with openGL and Ken burns can not be stopped.

CD Grässer cd.graesser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 22:16:44 BST 2016

Hi all,

Using Digikam 5 beta 7 on Kubuntu 16.04 i experience a problem with slideshow with openGL and Ken burns effekt (which i like a lot).

While the slideshow progresses i want to stop it by pressing ESC.
It does not stop but only pause the presentation and I can restart it from beginning with the space bar. so far so good.

The problem occured when i pressed 2 x ESC and the presentation screen stayes paused and no button press can bring me back to Digikam. The system does not freeze but i could not do anything but restart the PC. ( Now i found a work arround: I can press CTRL ALT F2 and then ALT F7 and I m back to digikam.)

Slideshow / presenting the images is beside sorting, rating, tagging and improving a main use for Digikam for me.

Extreemly good is also the Email send and flickr uppload plugin! And thanks that the panorama stitcher is back and working without a hazzle!

best regards
Christian

https://www.flickr.com/photos/flowerphotoyear/