Digikam 5.3.0 on windows does not show mov files

Shlomi shlomivaknin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 03:32:32 GMT 2016

Hi,

I am normally a linux user, so I feel a real urge to apologize for opening a
windows question. a little embarrassed even..

I have installed digikam on my wife's new laptop, so she could arrange her
photos etc. Our camera generates "mov" files for videos, and on digikam they
have no thumb, and when focusing on a mov file, all I am seeing is "an error
has occurred with the media player".

I did see some messages back saying something about a crash. I dont
experience any crashes, just cant play them.

Is there some way of fixing it? even to be able to open an external player
on the file (dont even care about thumb so much) would be helpful.

I tried to first google it and also searched on nabble, I hope I didnt miss
some obvious solution, dont mean to spam this list.

Thanks,
Shlomi

Using:
KDE Frameworks 5.27.0