Migrating from digikam 1.2

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Tue Dec 27 00:00:02 GMT 2016

Hi,

I'm upgrading an old, 1.2 digikam installation. It's now on a server
that I mean to switch off.

Can someone point me to documentation to migrate it to 5+ digkam?. Do
I need to first migrate to intermediate releases?

I tried to start 5.4 and add "local album" but it complained in many
ways and I can't even see my images.

Currently I have the images in the same path on both servers, but I
think I understood db schema are different, is it true?

Thanks in advance
sandro

PS: A couple of months ago I started this migration and I believe I
    managed to see the images but I also wanted to migrate to
    mysql+nas, but I thought in that occasion digikam version was 4.4
    (I took the kde version...)