frustration

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:19:17 BST 2016

> Hi,
>
> sometimes I get really frustrated with digikam (and other softwares).
> New versions aren't necessarily an improvement (what some people believe
> make it more intuitive and easier to use, is for others a real pain).
> I'm not sure, if this has been on the list already.
>
> Digikam version 5.1, 64-bit.
>
> I just wanted to upload pictures to flickr. Well, my login data is not
> present (I've used that tool since Digikam 2 or so). So I have to create
> a new connection. I follow the instructions, i.e. I do what is said on
> the browser screen. Unfortunately, for unknown reasons, the default
> browser Firefox does according to yahoo not allow cookies, which is
> wrong. It does allow cookies. But because of this I cannot log in. The
> upload tool for flickr hence cannot proceed, and I am stuck with all the
> images I want to, but can't upload. I tried logging in with another
> browser, but that doesn't work it seems (I can log in, but the flickr
> tool does not realize it).
> Besides I noticed, that the right side portion of the flickr upload
> window is too narrow, so I wanted to expand it by dragging at the
> boarder, ok, but only the left side portion of the tool is widened, and
> not the right side. There seems to be no way to move the middle bar, so
> now the left side is far too wide (well, I can narrow it down again, but
> wt..., why don't such simple things work?).

Because the default widget dedicated in kipi tools settings view is not a
scroll area as other place in digiKam

This is not a bug but a non homogeneous choice. If all kipi tools was
integrated as well in digiKam core (idea that i plan to do in the long
term), this problem will disappear without to duplicates code everywhere
between digiKam and kipi-plugins.