digiKam in a dual-boot system?

Carsten Fuchs carsten.fuchs at cafu.de
Mon Aug 22 10:11:53 BST 2016

Hi Christoph,

Am 2016-08-21 um 12:17 schrieb Christoph Huckle:
> The Albums are on a server and are then mounted in
> different ways on both machines. I modified the entries in the
> "AlbumRoots" as follows:
>
> networkshareid:?mountpath=/home/christoph/Photos/2014&&mountpath=/Volumes/Photos/2014

Thanks, that's looking very interesting!
Do you know if it is digiKam itself that deals with the "&&" (or "&"?),
or is it anything else, e.g. in the OS's network code?
If it was digiKam, the same approach might work with AlbumRoots such as

volumeid:?path=/home/carsten/images&path=e:/some-win-drive/images

(I still have to try...)

Based on this, I did some further searching and found this thread:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2014-December/thread.html#20401

The same problem is discussed there, and I very much agree with Andrew
Goodbody's suggestion that AlbumRoots should be kept in the digikamrc file.

Will further check this out and post updates here.  :)

Best regards,
Carsten