digiKam in a dual-boot system?

Carsten Fuchs carsten.fuchs at cafu.de
Tue Aug 23 10:24:30 BST 2016

Hi,

Am 22.08.2016 um 11:11 schrieb Carsten Fuchs:
> If it was digiKam, the same approach might work with AlbumRoots such as
>
> volumeid:?path=/home/carsten/images&path=e:/some-win-drive/images

Ok, while I had no success with volumeid and paths in any combinations, using this:

identifier:
networkshareid:?mountpath=e:/ArchivCF&mountpath=/media/carsten/Familienarchiv/ArchivCF

specificPath:
/

works for me very well, both under Windows and Linux.
*Not* working was moving "ArchivCF" to the specificPath:

identifier:
networkshareid:?mountpath=e:&mountpath=/media/carsten/Familienarchiv

specificPath:
/ArchivCF

Still untested is using more than two mountpaths, but I guess that expanding this is
straightforward.

Now, the only problem left is that whenever I switch between Windows and Linux, a dialog
about a change in the locale (Windows: "System", Linux: "utf-8") appears as described at
   - https://www.digikam.org/node/195
   - https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/digikam-users/2012-July/016522.html
This seems not to be a big issue, digiKam seems to work well when the change is
confirmed (I didn't try yet e.g. using tags with special characters though).

Best regards,
Carsten