[Digikam-users] Sporadic/Fleeting Thumbnails on Yosemite!

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 08:00:51 BST 2015

yes definitively. An old Macports install can be problematic here.

By default Macports is installed to /opt/local/
digiKam package is installed to /opt/digiKam to prevent some conflicts.

But digiKam use some external process to play with database, as KIOSLaves.
If previous Macports has installed these process, this can be create
concurrent rules.

A simple check can be to rename /opt/local as /opt/local.bak as root with
this command from a console :

>sudo mv /opt/local /opt/local.bak

...and to restart your computer and later to try to run digiKam...