[Digikam-users] Sporadic/Fleeting Thumbnails on Yosemite!

J Albrecht heviiguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 07:55:11 BST 2015

One time upon starting dk yesterday evening, all of the thumbnails appeared. However when I tried to start the program again, they were gone,

I wonder if this may have something to do with an old Macports install of dk. I did  “sudo port uninstall digikam” and thought that it was gone. Could there perhaps be some remnants of kde left which conflict with what Gile’s new .pkg provides? If so, what steps are required to remove them?

I also noticed something very important which had earlier escaped me: When I installed the new .pkg, and started the new dk program, all of my old settings (albums, db location etc) were still in effect! I know; this is a major point and likely a key issue in the troubleshooting exercise. Couldn’t see the forest for the trees!  Anyway, I’ve tried to clean everything relating to the old install of dk including the entire  /opt/digikam directory. There must be a cache and other settings somewhere. I couldn’t find them. Does anybody have a suggestion?