[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.14 for Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) is now ready on my PPA

Noeck noeck.marburg at gmx.de
Fri Nov 6 13:35:53 GMT 2015

Hi Philip,

just some positive feedback: Thanks a lot for your ppa, it works fine
for me including geo-location features and everything I need. Google
maps in general work, too, but not the satellite images – as expected
from your mail. That's no problem for me.

In case someone has problems with libraries: It worked for me after I
uninstalled digikam and everything related to it (apt-get autoremove)
which came from the release or an old ppa. And then I reinstalled
digikam again after adding the new ppa. I am not using KDE, though, so I
am less likely to have conflicting KDE libraries already installed.

Thanks a lot, Philip, for providing this!

Cheers,
Joram