[Digikam-users] Digikam 4.14 for Ubuntu 15.10 (wily) is now ready on my PPA

Pedro Neves nevesdiver at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 11:50:59 GMT 2015

On 06-11-2015 03:18, Philip Johnsson wrote:

> Sorry for you guys who have been waiting for Digikam 4.14 for Ubuntu
> 15.10 Wily on my PPA and maybe ran into upgrading problems as I
> haven't supported Wily yet and that could have given upgrading
> problems from Vivid to Wily as my PPA have some newer packages than
> official Wily. I have been really busy with life the past two weeks
> but am now back. :)

Hi Philip:

First of all, thanks a lot for you work with the DK packages for Wily.
However I was trying to install them on my system but I have a conflict
between libkexiv2 (from your PPA) and libkexiv2-11v5 (from kubuntu). The
problem arises because the packages have different names; aptitude wants
to remove okular when I try to install Digikam, not "seeing" that you
version of libkexiv2 should replace the ubuntu package...

I don't know with the Kubuntu maintainers have changed the name to
libkexiv2-11v5...

Any hints?

Thanks in advance:

Pedro Neves