[Digikam-users] Digikam-users Digest, Vol 120, Issue 21

Heikki Rekki heikkirekki at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:53:58 BST 2015

​Hey and thanks for version 4.10! Ihave tried it now few days and here are
some of my comments.
1. Now digiKam imports my tags from ACDSee correct. Fine!
2.  digiKam imports all embedded tags from fotos and I have many pictures
downloaded from net. So, I have hundreds of tags in my list and I didn't
know, how to remove those, whitch are not relevant to me. I must first
select all not importatn tags and delete them. Is there any other method to
group tags, can I make new tag (my tags) and then paste my own tags to
there? I couldn't find sutch method still. If I could make my tags for
instance named "000 my tags", they are allways first in the list and I must
not seek them all over the tags. My own tags are nested as ACDSee mede it.
3. The Tool Tips of the thumbnails. First I had those tips useless: they
were white square and I see some titles there, but no tags, nothing EXIF,
IPICT, Makernote or Properties, all was white. Then I changed the theme and
colors, I changed all of trexts to black and now I see those texts, but I
have no idea about what text is what. I want tips about that somwhwre in
manual.
Thanks Heikki