[Digikam-users] Some considerations concerning running digiKam on a Mac

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:01:57 BST 2015

In my case, as i'm macbook pro user, digiKam is installed through Macports.

Since recent OSX update, i see Qt/KDE widget completly broken. I don't
know why. I susupect that widget style used by KDE have not been
tested under mac. In the past, this problem doesn't exist.

This comfort me in the idea to have a digiKam fully non dependant of
KDE (using optional compilation rules). This will help a lots to
support non Linux OS.

Pure Qt applications as VLC, VirtualBox GUI, Clementine, etc, work
very well under Linux.

So, this goal is already in the way through Qt5 digiKam port. 60% of
KDE dependencies are removed. It sill hard dependencies yet. This can
take a while to make it a s optional.